Project Hot Topics for Staff

Bookmark Our New SIS Website!
The UC Berkeley Student Information Systems (SIS) Project ended in June 2017. Please visit sis.berkeley.edu for the latest information.
---
For future updates from the SIS teams, please refer to the Team Updates page on our new website.

Admissions Team Weekly Update

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Decisions:

  • Summer Bridge mandate will become a recruiting category instead of a program reason.
  • Ability to Benefit: Decided to use three items: HS diploma, GED, CHSPE.
  • Performance reviews for all AA SIS staff by end of August

Meeting Outcomes:

  • Dennis H to develop Equation Engines that update Degrees for the following checklist items: IGETC, Essential Skills, UC reciprocity.
  • Second load of Ext Ed and test scores
  • Knowledge transfer meeting for OUA, ATB, FPF (fall program profession)
  • Task list developed for Richard Wood

 

Records Team Weekly Update

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Meeting Outcomes:

  • COMPLETED:
    • Security Updates
    • BPGs reviews/edits - Course Catalog, CPP, FERPA, S25, Student Residency
    • Time Conflict  - Google form
    • Phase II registration opened on Monday 7/18
    • Various security Service Now tickets
    • Grading business processes, grade import spec
    • Reassigned 80 priority appointments to athletes
    • Term activated 590 Law students
    • Assigned enrollment appointments to 590 Law students
    • Removed 75 Grad holds
    • Attended Slate Welcome Session
    • Assisted Student Financials with QAT prep
    • Attended CollegeNET (Series25) User Conference in Portland
    • Enrollment Verification: Developed contingency plan due to UX delay until 8/14
    • Google Form ready
    • CalCentral Content ready
    • Law Transcripts Kickoff and Planning 

 

Admissions Team Weekly Update

Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Decisions:
  • Second load of External Education and Test Scores for students admitted on/after first load date (06/09/2016)
  • Updated insert and update of External Education and Test Scores for students admitted before 6/09
    • Requires technical work to decouple EXT ED and Test Scores extract- goal to test and load in PRD by August 1
 
Meeting Outcomes:
  • Level Override live in PRD for transfer students- agreed to override level first term for all new admits
  • Knowledge Transfer Complete- Matriculation, Post-Matriculation changes and Dependencies, Managing OUA (UCBUGA) record within in Campus Community
  • Business Partner Meeting- will finish determining ownership for processes in Process Owner List

 

Student Financials Team Weekly Update

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Meeting Outcomes:

  • Provided sign-off for CNP design in CalCentral
  • Provided edits to CNP communications and website content
  • SF team is preparing for GL6 functionality, identifying UAT testers, scripts/scenarios and security. Coordination w/FA on disbursement is a dependency for SF business processes (i.e., refunds, 1042s, etc.)
  • Preparing for t-calc in PRD on 7/23 (i.e., verifying all configuration is accurate, FPP configured, communication codes ready, -Remissions and SHIP waiver configured, equations around billing date and max amounts, reviewing FA item types, address corrections for vendor file, update ExtOrgs, equation for RSSP group post, GL distributions of campus fee/wellness fee)
  • Signed off to have EFT site available for new EMPLIDs; now in PRD.
  • Participated in code red meeting on payment priorities
  • Approved PRD access requests for SF view cust accts.
  • Project coordinator assisted SF team with JIRA clean-up.
  • SFSCI reviewing FA item types (over 1k in CFG) to be migrated to QAT so UAT can begin.
  • SFSCI working with developer on refund to credit card process.
  • SFSCI updated output XML to H1 for bills (to correct sorting per partner; needs to sort by posted date then by due date).
  • SF analyst reviewing study agreements for new tuition items.
  • Participated in daily 8:00 am scrums to address any blockers, bugs, issues, etc.
  • SF providing input to External Award functionality. Partner expressed concern for the need to minimize end users ability to select charge priorities when using tool where appropriate. Sent concerns to PMO. SF SCI is reviewing FA item types for new tool.
  • Addressing PRD items that have surfaced

 

Records Team Weekly Update

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Meeting Outcomes:

  • COMPLETED:
    • Optometry appointments
    • MIDS appointments
    • General timeline for Slate implantation for SSALL
    • Coordinated SR Batch processes 
    • OR email processing on behalf of UHS
  •  Time Conflict Automation:
    • Message generation
    • Enrollment processing
    • CS error message update
    • General communication to students
    • ... and error report ready
  • Time Conflict Error report provided to Production Support
  • Spec lite for update to QBU Grade Roster process
  • Initial process flow for Grading
  • Five BPG’s ready for PO review (status changed on CalShare)

 

Admissions Team Weekly Update

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Decisions:

  • SAIT representatives will not be in attendance at next business partner meeting.
  • New SME for Advanced Placement Exam load and management. In order to minimize delay in matching AP scores to new admits, OUA will request that students provide AP ID via Slate form
  • OUA will not be managing the review of awarded course credit based upon Course Limitations, with the exception of Recruited and Committed Athletes--
  • Update Jira Future GoLive tickets with AD process improvement issues

Meeting Outcomes:

  • Summer Sessions 2017 meeting: still need to add estimated hours
  • Finalization and Matriculation processes scheduled in QAT, awaiting testing. Will move to PRD next week.

 

Student Financials Team Weekly Update

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Meeting Outcomes:

  • Continued progress on “status and holds” card in CalCentral as it relates to CNP.
  • UAT testing ENF in CalCentral; successful and ready for GL5.6d.
  • UAT tested multi student delegate issue; successful and ready for GL5.6d.
  • SF created/updated 100+ item types in PRD for RSSP; next step for RSSP to confirm data mapping from StarRez/Universe to CS. Additional testing to occur next week of RSSP adjustments.
  • Approved PRD access requests for SF view cust accts.
  • Sent vendor file to BFS from BCSPRD; EFT application will be activated this week to process 303 student EFT enrollments.
  • SF analyst working with PayMode for homebanking efforts.
  • Project coordinator assisted SF team with JIRA clean-up.
  • SF analyst completed validation of PDST tuition calculation.
  • SF analyst continues to set up waiver configuration in QAT and PRD.
  • SFSCI reviewing FA item types (over 1k in CFG) to be migrated to QAT so UAT can begin.
  • SFSCI working with developer on refund to credit card process.
  • SFSCI updated output XML to H1 for bills (to correct sorting per partner; needs to sort by posted date then by due date).
  • SFSCI working with developer on refund reversals from BFS.
  • SFSCI recreated all communication data in PRD (FYI – other modules used PRD as gold environment so when SF migration occurred from CFG/QAT to PRD it overwrote other modules communications).
  • Cobol error with invoking t-calc; SFSCI working with technical teams to correct.
  • SF analyst creating vouchers in QAT for BFS testing.
  • SF analyst reviewing study agreements for new tuition items.
  • Participated in daily 8:00 am scrums to address any blockers, bugs, issues, etc.
  • SF providing input to External Award functionality. Partner expressed concern for the need to minimize end users ability to select charge priorities when using tool where appropriate. Sent concerns to PMO. SF SCI is reviewing FA item types for new tool.
  • SF team is preparing for GL6 functionality, identifying UAT testers, scripts/scenarios and security.

 

Records Team Weekly Update

Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Decisions:
  • Faculty Grading
    • Short term decision to use classic or LMS APIs for integration with CalCentral
    • Working on a longer term recommendation for leadership/ESC review
    • Partnership of OR, UX, Tech, SR, Leadership
    • Decision makers: SR, OR and CalCentral
 
Meeting Outcomes:
  • Data updates to support cross team conversions
  • Continued updates to student's CPP - Plan changes
  • Updates to GE Breadth assignment 
  • SpecLite completed for Test Credit Unpost
  • Requested modification for batch enrollment verification processing
  • Started BPG for Transfer Student processing - will be a cross module document
  • Security access assignments
  • Time Conflicts resolutions
  • Set-up Welcome to Slate meeting
  • Transfer student level overrides applied in PRD
  • Spec Lite for QBU Action to remove level overrides initial run through of grading functionality with OR

 

Financial Aid Team Weekly Update

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Meeting Outcomes:

  • Award Entry (DSAS replacement) testing: successfully disbursed award in QAT and it appeared it SF module as expected

 

Student Financials Team Weekly Update

Tuesday, July 5, 2016
Meeting Outcomes:
  • Participated in Registration Fee Processing Date API discussion which impacts the “Status and Holds” card in CalCentral. Provided feedback on design.
  • Worked with CC developers and integration team on “delegates with multiple students” issue; H1 must have a unique ID for delegates on their side. This surfaced during GL5.6 UAT. As a result, API to H1 and file of delegates to H1 needed to change so CS passes a unique delegate ID. This is a must for GL5.6d as delegates will begin paying fees on 7/23. New changes will be migrated to QAT and tested.
  • Provided necessary information for PwC.
  • Participated in a post-UAT meeting with RSSP to discuss next steps in preparation of fall 2016 data being sent to CS.  Provided RSSP with an inventory of item types that need to be validated before updated in PRD. Once RSSP completes the review, SF will update in PRD and provide revised inventory for their StarRez to CS data mapping validation. In the meantime, additional testing needs to be completed to 1) confirm RSSP charge reversals apply correctly in CS and 2) file transfers using GoA work appropriately.
  • Participated in SF Query Access/Security Review; provided feedback on end user access to reports.
  • SF providing input to External Award functionality. Partner expressed concern for the need to minimize end users ability to select charge priorities when using tool where appropriate. Sent concerns to PMO. SF SCI is reviewing FA item types for new tool.
  • SF team is preparing for GL6 functionality, identifying UAT testers, scripts/scenarios and security.
  • SF awaiting to send vendor file to BFS (BFS analyst reviewing address errors); once vendor file is sent, SF will request programmer to activate EFT site so “303” students can begin enrolling in EFT.
  • 1042S meeting held with Payroll staff to discuss business process, review open action items, withholding errors and how these will be corrected and reflected in reports, check cancellations, etc.
  • Working with developer on ENF for GL5.6d which is a requirement for SF in CalCentral. In PRD, CC will have 35 minute cache. This prevents students/staff/delegates from seeing real-time changes until 35 minutes have expired. From a user perspective, students/delegates making online payments or enrolling in FPP need to see these transactions in CalCentral immediately; ENF will facilitate this and prevent end-user confusion/contacts to campus.
  • SF analyst is validating PDST charges for professional students.

 


 

Pages